Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baguette Monge from Maison Kayser


There was an article in the Straits Times earlier this year about Maison Kayser producing the best baguettes in Singapore. Besides wanting a top baguette to compare mine to, mom likes baguettes. So when I was in the area, I decided to pop down to Scotts Square for one from Maison Kayser.



Lovely shape, ears, and colour


Maison Kayser's baguette monge definitely tasted much better than mine. Its taste was more deep, more complex. It was more bread-y, the way I like my baguettes. Mom thought it was slightly chewy untoasted, but I found it perfectly fine. I can just imagine how deliciously wholesome it would be, lightly toasted and stuffed with chicken mayo or egg mayo. It was beautiful.

P.S.: I took some pictures of the other types of bread, pastries, cakes and sandwiches that they offer. These high-res pictures can be found below.


Maison Kayser
http://www.maison-kayser.com/en/

6 Scotts Road
#B1-09 Scotts Square
Singapore


Opening hours: Daily 8am-8pm
Tel: 6636 3672






No comments:

Post a Comment